News from Commend
Commend SIP Series 2.0
SIP call stations are getting smart
SIP (“Session Initiation Protocol”) enjoys growing worldwide popularity as an open, minimalistic platform for low-cost VoIP (Voice over IP) solutions. However, in some cases the price to pay for all this simplicity is serious shortcomings. This is because anything beyond the mere establishing of connections may not be easy to accomplish with SIP. Those who need more from their communication solution than just basic voice connections are often forced to rely on rather less cost-efficient, less open SIP server systems.
SIP Series: Intelligent from the beginning
Proof that there are other, better ways of solving the dilemma comes in the form of the SIP Series call stations by Commend. These terminals come ready equipped with the necessary intelligence to provide a range of tried-and-tested functions, such as:
- Chain calls for up to 10 recipients
- Extra high volume
- Custom programmable direct dialling
- Relay, suitable for control functions or as attendant contacts
- Energy saving operation
- Large audio memory for automated playback
- Suitable for many applications and locations (indoors/outdoors, vandal resistant, etc.)
- … and many more
All of this comes supported by decades of experience in industrial and security communication, and a range of features that far exceeds the very modest selection of SIP standard features. For our customers this means access to a wide range of functions with high availability – all without the need for expensive SIP server infrastructures!
SIP Series 2.0: Many useful additions
With the launch of the expanded SIP Series 2.0, not only are there many more device versions available, their functions and added value have also received a considerable boost.
NEW features of the current Commend SIP Series:
- Support of device versions with keypad and LCD display
- Built-in telephone directory with import/export function
- Inputs (usable in combination with direct dialling modules of our WS Series)
- Improved operation behind an NAT (STUN, KeepAlive)
- Support of signal line-in and line-out (depending on version)
- Support of handsets with automatic detection and switching
- Password for DTMF suffix dialling
- Remote control of call stations via HTTP
- Extended SNMP messages
- Compatible with even more SIP server models
- Support of registration at two servers (for redundancy)
Everything comes in proven high Commend quality, manufactured and tested as per international standards, and featuring a high-grade, durable – optionally vandal-resistant – design.