At airports, efficiency and security are essential to keep people safe and business going. Good communication is a crucial factor that none of these centres of activity could do without. The costs resulting from departure delays, security breaches, lost baggage and other possible problems are enormous. The huge numbers of transitory passengers must be kept informed and must feel comfortable and safe. At the same time, the security personnel must be able to keep an eye on all processes and manage daily routine as well as extreme situations.
Applications and Key Benefits
Intercom stations and loudspeakers for Public Address purposes and announcements for waiting areas, lifts and turnstiles
Intercom modules that integrate into terminals and devices (e. g., check-in terminals), as well as software-based Intercom stations for existing multimedia info terminals offer passengers instant assistance at the touch of a button.
- Silent Alarm for Check-In counter, passport and security control
- Operational Communication for logistics service
- Multi-functional Commend Control Desks make responding to emergency situations quick and easy.
- Automatic warning and reassurance messages can be triggered at the touch of a button to deescalate critical situations.
- Coordinating help and rescue services via radio communication, directing staff via Intercom or mobilising special forces via telephone – all from the same central Control Desk
At airports, natural communication and clear intelligibility are essential. Information arrives loud and clear without the need to check back, so mishearing the person at the other end can be virtually eliminated. As a result, not a single word or precious second is lost in emergency situations.
- Airport Solution
Perfect speech intelligibility (even against the background noise of a busy airport)
High volume – Background noise suppression – Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) – OpenDuplex® and 16 kHz eHD Voice Audio Bandwidth
Information Terminals and Emergency Call Stations for Airports
- For waiting areas, passenger airlocks, lifts, etc., either wall-mounted or integrated into columns or check-in machines
- Resistant against vandalism and rough ambient conditions (water, dirt, dust)
- Special DDA/ADA compliant Intercom stations for people with visual or hearing impairments
Public Address and Informational Announcements
- IP Loudspeakers and IP amplifiers for terminals, shuttle buses, parking facilities, etc.
- Announcements via Intercom stations can reach all terminals or can be zone-bound (Gates) e.g search for missing persons
- Automated voice messages for information, warning of danger or evacuation
Assembly Modules for ticket machines and barriers
- Intercom-Modules in barriers, in register machines or ticket machines
- Bi-directional video and customized solutions possible
Security Control Desks for AirportsOverview – Surveillance – Control
Control Desk systems by Commend provide a continuous system-wide overview to support instant reaction in case of an emergency. Thanks to the highly user-friendly GUI, managing even complex Intercom networks or video and control functions is a breeze.
- Call management is tailored to the needs and workflows of the application environment
- Calls can be forwarded automatically to other Control Desks, Intercom stations (stationary or mobile), or to land-line telephones
- Automatic call distribution at peak times or at night, including automatic call prioritisation
Software solutions for Airport Control DesksAudio – Video – Data
- The location of the calling terminal, including an optional video feed, is displayed on-screen
- Event logging
- Statistical analysis reports: call centre efficiency, distribution of call times as a basis for optimised staff planning, etc.
- Audio and/or video recording
Lift Emergency Calls
The Intercom module in the lift car performs constant self-monitoring and testing routines. It is therefore maintenance-free in compliance with EN 81.
Integrated SystemInterfaces / Input – Output control
- Interfaces to third-party systems, such as video surveillance or building management system
- Integration of telephone-lines and VoIP-Systems (SIP/IAX)
- Active monitoring of input signals for various purposes, such asfire or intruder alarms
- Control of output signals – e. doors and gates
Permanent Availability through System Self-MonitoringEvery call guaranteed to get through – 24/7
- Built-in automatic functionality check within the stations (loudspeaker/microphone-monitoring)
- Connection monitoring
- Redundant server fail-safety and dynamic call forwarding
- Reduced costs thanks to low inspection requirements
Integration of mobile radio communication systemsUnified communication platform
- Integration of mobile radio communication (TETRA / Analogue).
- Simultaneous scanning of up to 8 channels (channel mixing), allowing operators to follow conversations on several channels simultaneously.
- One or more radio channels selectable at the simple touch of a button.
- Display of caller identity (ISSI) and Status message transfer (SDS)
- Solutions for Airlines
Radio over IP
Pilots can report required information ahead to the service centre at the destination airport to reduce processing and turnaround times upon arrival.
- Mobile radio communication support throughout the Intercom System
- Simultaneous scanning of up to 8 channels (channel mixing)
- One or more radio channels selectable at the simple touch of a button
- Continuous interface and failure monitoring
- Display of caller identity (ISSI)
- Status message transfer (SDS)
Airline Service CentresCoordination through communication
- Fast and efficient in-flight coordination of workflow processes
- Radio channel scanning supports organisational processes to help reduce standing times
- Control Desk connections via radio communication, Intercom, telephone or mobile phone to
- Hangar / Technical Services
- Luggage Handling Services
- Catering and Cleaning Services
- Boarding Crew
- Airline Back-Office
- Security Services
Your integrated Security and Communication Solution for airports is just one click away
Case Studies and References Airport
- Melbourne Airport / Australia
- Ben Guiron Airport / Israel
- Kuala Lumpur Airport / Malaysia