Detention facilities demand highly reliable, continuously monitored communication paths that must be available around the clock. The Commend security and communication solution is adapted to everyday prison life and provides added value in terms of security in all areas under surveillance. Voice and video communication between cells, corridors, doors, gates, airlocks and barriers on the one side, and Main Control Rooms and Section Monitoring stations on the other needs to be of the highest quality and constantly monitored. This ensures ultimate protection and security for both officers and people in custody.
Applications and Key Benefits
Constant automatic self-monitoring allows Commend Intercom systems to ensure proper functionality of all their system components and connections. To do so, the Intercom stations run periodic automated function tests on their microphone and loudspeaker units. If a component is found to fail a test, alarm and notification messages are sent to the corresponding building and security management systems.
Wardens can easily listen in on in-cell conversations and, if required, record them without being noticed. This helps to reveal and prevent planned acts of violence.
- In emergencies, it is vital to be able to make announcements in a clear, easily audible and perfectly intelligible to everyone concerned. All integrated Public Address equipment and Cell Intercom stations at the command post are ready and available to serve this essential purpose.
- Loudspeakers and Intercom stations can easily be grouped into playback zones to target information messages even more precisely.
- Multi-functional Commend Control Desks make responding to emergency situations quick and easy.
- At the push of a button, automated playback of warning and reassurance messages helps to deescalate critical situations.
- Coordinating wardens and emergency services via radio communication, and directing special forces via telephone – all from the same central Control Desk
- Intercom stations for door access control and security airlocks help to maintain a safe, coordinated movement of persons on the premises.
- Surface sensing function for cell emergency calls / Audio Monitoring
- The surface sensing function helps to protect custodial staff when entering a detention cell. In critical situations, simply touching the surface of the front panel is all it takes to trigger an alarm.
- While they are inside the cell, staff can also activate Audio Monitoring, which will trigger an alarm automatically if a certain sound volume level is exceeded.
- Solutions for prisons and detention centres
Superior speech intelligibility
High volume – Background noise suppression – Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) – OpenDuplex® and 16 kHz eHD Voice Audio Bandwidth
Ward's main switchboardOverview – Surveillance – Control
Control Desk systems by Commend provide a continuous system-wide overview to support instant reaction in case of an emergency. Thanks to the highly user-friendly GUI, managing even complex Intercom networks or video and control functions is a breeze.
- Call management is tailored to the needs and workflows of the application environment
- Calls can be forwarded automatically to other Control Desks, Intercom stations (stationary or mobile), or to land-line telephones
- Automatic call distribution at night, including automatic call prioritisation
Software solutions for Prison Control CentresAudio – Video – Data
- Indication of the calling terminal’s location, and optional automatic display of a video/CCTV connection
- Control of doors, locks and building functions
- Integration of inmates data base
- Event logging
- Audio and/or video recording
Section MonitoringConversation – Alarms – Emergency Management
- Handling calls
- Control of airlocks and doors
- Display of alert messages (e. g., mobile phone detection)
- Control of in-cell functions (e. g., granting or suspending of music listening privileges)
Multi-functional terminals for custodial services – resistant against vandalism
- Poke-protected front plate made from 3 mm stainless steel, including special tamper-proof screws and sabotage detection contacts (optional)
- Module for mobile telecommunication device detection (optional)
- Wide range of feature-specific versions available (e. g., emergency call, lighting or music feed buttons)
- Models for different installation modes, with integrated or separate electronic control unit
Easy replacement of existing cell control systems
- Replacing obsolete systems is easy
- Fast, cost-saving replacement through re-use of existing mounting boxes and cabling (IP/2-wire/4-wire)
- Our Customized Solutions team will design and build these Cell Intercom stations as per customer specifications
Public Address via IP connections
- IP Amplifiers and IP Loudspeakers (projector, horn loudspeaker, ceiling speakers), ready for plug-in network connection Voice announcement
- Voice announcements addressable to individual boarding points or across all connected sites
- Playback of pre-recorded voice messages for information, warning and evacuation purposes
- Granting restricted or unrestricted conversation privileges
- Support of conversation time limits and central conversation monitoring
- Optional voice recording
Access ControlVehicular access gates and pedestrian turnstiles
- Intercom stations with built-in video camera for doors, gates and airlocks
- Optional integration of access readers and access control systems
- Add-in modules for integration in barrier gates at entrance and exit points
- Central control and optional central locking
In-building communicationAdministrative and custodial staff
- Intercom Stations for in-building communication
- Detergent and disinfectant resistant Intercom Stations with protective membranes, certified for use in infirmaries
Integrated SystemInterfaces / Input – Output control
- Interfaces to third-party systems, such as video surveillance or building management systems
- Integration of radio technology for permanent and direct communication of jail guards
- Active monitoring of input signals for various purposes, such as fire or prison brake alarms
- Control of output signals – e. g access for employees
Permanent Availability through System Self-MonitoringEvery call guaranteed to get through – 24/7
- Built-in automatic functionality check within the stations (loudspeaker/microphone-monitoring)
- Connection monitoring
- Redundant server fail-safety and dynamic call forwarding
- Reduced costs thanks to low inspection requirements
Your integrated Security and Communication Solution for prisons and detention centres is just one click away