Sadly, there is also an increasing need for security communication at schools. Providing the means to protect students and staff from possible attacks by violent students and outside perpetrators is now considered standard procedure, as is the protection of personal property both during and after school hours. Schools must be safe, under everyday conditions as well as in an emergency.
Applications and key benefits
- Only authorised persons are granted access. Entrance during school hours is only by checking in through the secretary’s/principal’s office (if this is unattended, door calls are forwarded automatically).
- Optional automatic CCTV activation
- Potential threats can be detected and access can be denied at the point of entry.
- Specially designed door Intercom stations offer persons with visual or hearing impairments reliable communication and access to the school’s premises.
- Intercom stations can be used for routine communication between classrooms and the secretary’s office.
- “All Call” function with return call option, e. g. for addressing specific students and members of staff
- Requesting help – e. g., in case of accidents, mobbing, etc.
- Classrooms are fitted with vandal-resistant Emergency Call Stations that are always ready and available, thanks to automatic functionality self-monitoring.
- Alarm Point SOS Stations and Emergency Call Stations provide enhanced security for outdoor areas.
- Clearly understandable communication is critical when it comes to assessing emergency situations.
- If necessary, the entire university complex can be evacuated through an announcement at the touch of a button.
- A simple push of a button is all it takes to play a pre-recorded voice message or make a live announcement.
- Loudspeakers and Intercom stations can easily be grouped into playback zones to target information messages even more precisely.
- Multi-functional Commend Control Desks make responding to emergency situations quick and easy.
- Fast, immediate alerting of security staff through automated call forwarding.
- Direct, targeted relaying of information to external rescue forces, including police or fire services.
- At the push of a button, automated playback of warning and reassurance messages helps to deescalate critical situations.
- Providing detailed instructions on procedures and situation-specific behaviour.
- Button-activated conference calls provide instant connections linking multiple classrooms with the principal’s office and rescue services.
- Emergency service staff can listen into specific rooms and dialogue with persons inside the alarm/emergency perimeter to deescalate critical situations.
- In exceptional, potentially threatening situations, natural communication and clear intelligibility are essential. Information arrives loud and clear without the need to check back, so errors such as false alarms or mishearing the person at the other end can be eliminated.
- Solutions for Schools and Kindergartens
Superior speech intelligibility
High volume – Background noise suppression – Intelligent Volume Control (IVC) – 16 kHz eHD Voice Audio Bandwidth
Stations for classrooms
- Vandal-resistant design
- Suitable for school/university internal communication and emergency situations
- Large selection of Intercom stations available to suit individual requirements Intercom stations that satisfy specific national regulations – e. g., DIN VDE 0827 in Germany
Door Communication / Access Control
- Once lessons start, access to the building is secured, with the additional option of a live video stream that can be forwarded to smartphones.
- ADA/DDA compliant Intercom stations for disabled-friendly access based on “two-senses” principle (mutually complementary optical and acoustic signalling), including special labels and built-in induction loop amplifier for hearing aids.
Laboratories and Workshops
- Detergent-resistant Intercom stations for chemistry and physics laboratories, suitable for school internal communication.
- Help Points and Emergency Call Stations for outdoor areas
- Resistant against vandalism and rough ambient conditions (water, dirt, dust).
Ethernet (IoIP/SIP), 2-Wire, 4-Wire
Public Address over IP
- IP-based amplifiers and loudspeakers (projector, horn loudspeaker, ceiling speaker) with port for direct network connection
- Connection of media players or radio feeds (school radio)
- Break signal
- Playback of pre-recorded voice messages and individual announcements for providing information, addressing specific persons, issuing warnings and supporting evacuations.
Integrated systemsInterfaces / Input – Output control
- Interfaces to third-party systems, such as video surveillance or... (Traffic Guidance, Building Management, etc.)
- Integration of telephone-lines or VoIP systems (SIP/IAX)
- Active monitoring of input signals for various purposes, such as (carbon monoxide alarm)
- Control of output signals – e. g., for (controlling traffic signals)
Permanent availability through system self-monitoringEvery call guaranteed to get through – 24/7
- Intercom Stations come equipped with automated functionality self-monitoring (loudspeaker/microphone self-monitoring)
- Connection monitoring
- Redundant server fail-safety and dynamic call forwarding
- Saves costs by eliminating the need for manual function testing
Intercom networking of multiple schools and support via a shared Security Control Centre (e. g., at municipal administration office).
Secretary’s / Principal’s Office
- Allows for handling calls, making targeted announcements to specific classrooms or the entire school, playback of pre-recorded warning messages, instant call connections with rescue services and crisis intervention teams.
Software solutions for central Security Control Desks
- The location of the calling Intercom station (school/classroom) and corresponding locational details are indicated on an intuitively navigable floor plan.
- Event logging
- Audio and/or video recording of calls
Manifold school stations to suit any requirement
Your integrated Security and Communication Solution for schools and kindergartens is just one click away